Tuesday 18 October 2022

TMI Tuesday: October 18, 2022

TMI Tuesday is up again!

Do Tell!

1. Just curious. If you are in an open relationship, would it bother you if your partner’s new lover sent you pics of them together? Why or why not?

I'm not in an open relationship. But if I was, I think it would bother me to have my partner's lover send me pics of them together. I still feel at heart that a couple should be just that... The two of them. Even in an open relationship, that's the relationship. Anything more isn't a couple. But anything extra outside the couple should have agreed / mutual rules, after all, nothing is one size fits all. I would like my woman to be my woman in everything perceived sense. I don't minding knowing if she's hooking up with someone else, but I would have limits.

2. What is the rudest thing someone can do in your home?

Steal my food. I'm not the most hospitable person, but I would never let someone go without. If you need something, say or ask, and I will provide. But if after a long day I am looking forward to that last thing I saved and it's gone, so are you. Sorry.

3. What would you change, if anything, about your experience growing up?

For those of you that don't know, my died died on my tenth birthday. That not happening would be my first option.

Besides that, I wish I was listened to more..I was very much part of a "children are seen and not heard" community. It's not something I fully disagree with, but only when it has it's place. I'd have learned a lot more if I was allowed to ask certain questions and have answers.

4. The absolute worst fight you have ever had with a significant other, what was it about?

The first things that comes to mind is when my ex, N, stole my phone and gave it to a client to hack into. Besides that was an argument about not listening, in which she was not listening. That's the only time I was driven to violently punch a wall and left a hole in it. Not my finest hour.

5. What is your favorite place to visit in your city or town?

I don't have a clear cut answer, so I'll say Bentley Bridge. It's 15 minutes walk from where I live, and I have a gym and cinema membership there, places I visit regularly.

Bonus: Were you your mom or dad’s favorite kid?

Nope. I was born '78, and was an arrogant know it all with a bad temper, but also a goody two shoes who didn't speak until I was 3. My bro was born '80, and was the naughty middle child who was disobedient and mouthy, he was and is my mother's favourite. My sis was born '84 and was my dad's favourite.

————-

How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

Happy TMI Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. i am so sorry about your dad, my friend, i know what that feels like, i lost my beloved dad 20 years ago and not a day goes by that i don't miss him, i need his guidance in my life now more than ever. i was born in 1978, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    The anniversary was at the start of this month, so it's always on my mind about this time. It's weird to think all three of his kids are now older than he was.

    I at times feel that his guidance would have been beneficial. But one of the best things my mother tells us are the ways we reflect his words, actions, or mannerisms. For better or worse, our parents really are in us.
    ✊🏿

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children should be seen and not heard was the household watchword. I was lucky to have my dad around. Since he was a veteran of The Normandy Invasion I would have to say I was lucky to ever be around at all. So he would drop pearls of wisdom on me from time to time like, "Go do something, even if it's wrong." As an adult I have grown to appreciate that wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intriguing. I was always told by my mother to "do something". But that always related to helping out in busy situations. I was very young at the time, and never knew what I was supposed to do, she was neve specific.

      Delete
    2. The addition, of "even if it's wrong" would now warrant more contemplation for me 😊

      Delete
  4. Good read, comments were really good too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete